|10/01/2013 Interview with Dr. Helena Amos|
Today our guest is Helena Amos, Director of the Acupuncture and Natural Medicine Clinic. Dr. Helena Amos is seasoned professional with over 25 years of experience successful treatment of a wide range of health conditions. She was voted one of the best alternative healthcare providers by Washingtonian magazine.
Tell us about your treatment’s methods
- In our clinic, we use various methods of Chinese medicine: acupuncture, acupressure, auricular therapy, electrical stimulation, light therapy and more.
Naturopathy is a natural method of treatment that is not associated with the prescription of modern synthetic drugs , which block the symptoms but do not cure the causative factor. Our treatment includes: proper individual nutrition, vitamin therapy, homeopathy, herbology, and all kinds of Chinese medicine technique.
What is the essence of your diagnosis?
- We use the most modern computer technology with detailed printout of organ’s and system’s conditions. Also this allows us to find out patient’s sensitivities to food and environment, ability to assimilate vitamins and minerals. Based on this, we make an individual plan of detoxification, repair and rebuilding of body organs and functions. We use all natural methods of getting rid of allergies. Besides modern technology we incorporate Traditional Chinese Medicine diagnosis: 12 pulse taking, tongue diagnosis and a variety of so-called "little things" that are in fact very important.
What kind of disorders you are treating a clinic?
- We treat all diseases associated with inflammation of the joints, back sciatica, migraine, headaches and other pain. Naturopathy and acupuncture are very successful with problems of high blood pressure, gastritis, indigestion colitis , adrenal insufficiency , thyroid disorders, in the treatment of insomnia, vision problems , as well as different types of allergies . Acupuncture and homeopathy are essential for successful treatment of infertility, prevention, and getting rid of menopausal symptoms.
We heard that you also treat children? Is that right?
- Yes, it's true. Big part of our practice is dedicated to treating children with various types of allergies: eczema, asthma, bronchitis, sinusitis, gastrointestinal disorders, as well as ADD, nervous system disorders. We use proper nutrition, vitamin therapy, gentle homeopathy and acupressure. The earlier you start the faster the recovery.
Recently natural methods of facial rejuvenation became very popular. Are you on the board?
Yes, Botox – is an old-fashioned method of treating wrinkles. Today facial cosmetic acupuncture and micro- current muscle toning becoming more and more popular. Among the fans of this technique are celebrities such as Angelina Jolie, Gwyneth Paltrow and Jennifer Aniston. With the help of these techniques you can reduce the intensity of wrinkles, tighten skin, improve its color and texture, get rid off second chin and jowls.
We treat not only the face but the whole body. Energy literally filled out the feet, hands, head, ears , stimulates collagen production and blood circulation of the face. So, if you think it's time to get rid of a double chin , wrinkles around the eyes, forehead and mouth, why do not you try natural facelift that does not require incisions and scalpel.
What other spa treatments are available in your clinic?
- Treatment of cellulite, electro body sculpting machine, Hollywood Lift, lymphatic drainage, herbal wraps, infrared sauna, and much more.
Our experienced esthetician provides personalized holistic and extremely effective procedures to our clients. We offer a broad spectrum of cosmetic procedures such as cleansing and facial massage, chemical peels, herbal and nutritional mask, a comprehensive approach to the problem of acne skin.
And here are some reviews that we found on the site www.rockvilleacupuncturemd.com
" - I hardly could walk or seat when I started my treatments with Dr. Amos. I was amazed how fast my back pain and spasms were gone! She is very knowledgeable in her field. I highly recommend her to all my friends and colleges.
Dr. J. S., Rockville, MD"
"- My son was very allergic to eggs. Even touching it would make him itch. Now he is eating eggs without any problem. I like the natural approach to allergy treatments. It really works!
R.F., Bethesda, MD"
Acupuncture and Natural Medicine Clinic
11140 Rockville Pike, #530
Rockville, MD 20852
Thank you, Helena!